Your body is unique. Your meds can be too. We make custom medications for anyone in your family and that includes Fido. We have our own high-tech lab, right in the pharmacy.
Compounding is fundamental to the profession of pharmacy and was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Custom compounded medications are prescribed by a physician, veterinarian, or other prescribing practitioner and compounded by a state-licensed pharmacist.
A growing number of people and animals have unique health needs that off-the-shelf, one-size-fits-all prescription medicines can’t meet. Customized medications are the only way to better health for many of our patients.
Our Compounding Lab Can Prepare:
- unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal creams, gels, and troches
- medications free of problem-causing excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, alcohol, gluten or peanut oil
- combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for easier administration and improved adherence.
We currently compound the following dosage forms:
- Sublingual Drops
- Suspensions and Solutions
What types of compounds are popular?
- Hormone Replenishment Therapy
- Low Dose Naltrexone (autoimmune patients)
- Resistant Diaper Rash
- Reflux/GERD – pleasant tasting liquids for children
- Topical treatments for inflammation and pain
- Veterinary Products
- Mouthwash/Rinse for mouth ulcers
And many, many more.
Specific compounding questions?
We’d love to chat — 850-265-3344